For centuries Eastern heart and intellect have been absorbed in the question – Does God exist? I propose to raise a new question – new, that is to say, for the East – Does man exist?
Composition of The Academy
COMPOSITION OF THE ACADEMY
The Composition of the Academy as laid down in the Iqbal Academy Ordinance 1962 as follows:
- The patron-in-chief; (The President of Pakistan stall be the patron-in-Chief of the Academy under Section-8 of the Iqbal Academy Ordinance)
- the President;
- the Vice President (The Vice-President of the Academy is nominated by the central Government for a period of three years under Section-11)
- Honorary members;
- Life Members; and
Under Section-17 of the Ordinance, the control and administration of the Academy vests in a Governing Body consisting of-
the President who shall also be the Chairman of the Governing Body;
the Vice President;
the Director, Central Institute of Islamic Research, Islamabad;
two persons elected from amongst the life members or members;
one representative of the Ministry; and
five other persons to be nominated by Central Government.
There is an Executive Committee for managing the day to day affairs of the Academy. The Executive Committee comprises of the following, namely:-
- the Vice-President;
- the representative of the Ministry on the Governing Body;
- the Treasurer; and
- two other persons appointed by the Governing Body from amongst its members
- The Director of the Academy acts as Secretary of the Executive Committee.