Rules and Regulations for Enrollment of Life Membership of the Academy
Section 14 (2) of the Iqbal Academy Ordinance provides that any Member may become a Life-Member on fulfilling the conditions prescribed in this behalf. Following are the Conditions for the Life-Membership.
Any person interested in promoting the understanding of the works and teachings of Iqbal may become a Life-Member of the Academy provided:
- He/she is a Graduate from a recognized University or possesses an equivalent qualification.
- He/she has publications (books/articles) of quality to his/her credit in the field of Iqbal Studies or allied disciplines.
- Applications for Life-Membership shall be made on the prescribed form (Annexure-I) and should be duly proposed by a Life-Member of the Academy.
- The Executive Committee of the Academy shall approve the applications for Life-Membership.
- The Fee for Life-Membership will be Rs. 5000 (Rupees Five Thousand) for a Member residing in Pakistan. The membership fee for Members residing outside Pakistan will be 500 US Dollars ($ Five Hundred dollars)
- The Executive Committee of the Academy may cancel, with a vote of majority, the Membership of a Life-Member for the reasons that are to be recorded. The reasons could be as mentioned hereunder:
(a) If he (the Member) becomes of unsound mind;
(b) If he becomes insolvent;
(c) If he is convicted for an offence involving moral turpitude, or
(d) The Executive Committee, by a resolution, expels him for his activities harmful to the cause of the Academy.
Iqbal Academy Pakistan Privileges of Life Membership
Member shall avail the following privileges from the Academy.
(1) He will be sent complimentary copies of the Journals/Brochures of the Academy “Iqbal Review/Iqbaliyat.
(2) He/she may obtain gratis copies of the required publications/products of the Academy.
(3) He/she would be entitled to purchase copies of the required publications/products of the Academy at a discounted rate of 50%.
(4) He would avail the facility of the use of Library of the Academy.
(5) He/she may get the photocopy of the research material on the Photostat machine of the Academy on payment of prescribed amount.
(6) He/she will be sent brochures published by the Academy.
(7) He/she will be invited to the functions arranged by the Academy.
(8) He/she will be furnished Activity Reports of the Academy.
(9) He/she will be preferred for the Membership of other Academic and Organizing Committees of the Academy constituted from time to time.
(10) He/she will be invited to Annual “Iqbal Dinner” provided he pays the prescribed amount for entry to the Dinner.
(11) He/she will be entitled to elect two members to the two seats of the Governing Body (IAP) from amongst the Life-Members or Members of the Academy.
(12) He/she will be entitled to contest for the membership of the seat of the Governing Body (IAP) in the prescribed manner.